EMU ULTRA SERIES

ADMIN
Site Admin

EMU ULTRA SERIES

Post by ADMIN » Sun Sep 01, 2019 10:39 pm

THE EMU ULTRA SERIES is a very good sounding series of samplers. Ive had mine for nearly 20 years and i love the thing.
It does have its quirks with being so old and 'outdated', but the sound makes up for all the things that seem to piss me off.
Forget using the scsi anymore, just put in a CF reader and be done with trying to load samples and banks the slow way.
Scsi was so damn irritating at times, I just dont know how we made music back then. I will occasionally use it to read the very few
sample CD i still own.
The emu digital filters are very nice for what they are. I will admit though, they are dated to todays digital filters and the
unlimited things we can do in this day and age. But they are still useable and good on the ears.

I still think the EMu Ultra line was the best sampler to buy and easy to program once you learn your way around a bit.

I will provide a few banks and samples i made using the unit. I usually sample other synths and sound sources to get sounds i like.
then manipulate and mangle then once inside the sampler.

ADMIN
Site Admin

Re: EMU ULTRA SERIES

Post by ADMIN » Sun Sep 01, 2019 10:40 pm

Had a few lone samples lying around,so heres few emu banks i made on my Ultra6400. They are nothing great,but hey i was just messing around and liked the way they sounded.
Not sure where i got these samples,cause i know they are very old. A long time ago i used to sample everything and try to make noise with it.
I mostly like bass and pad sounds on my EMU sampler. So heres a few D50 ,DX and Moogy bass for ya.
try them out and tell me what you think. Tweek em the way you like em.

I use a CF card reader to load and save banks. Its the easiest way to work with EMU samplers now. If you dont have a CF reader,im not sure if you can load these any other way than the floppy drive.

SOME EMU BANKS